Baby massage is when a parent or primary carer lovingly strokes or holds their baby. Using a high quality non-fragranced vegetable oil, soothing holds and rhythmic strokes are given on each area of baby’s body, following a sequence that has been developed over many years to ensure that the maximum benefits are received by both parent and baby. The massage offers a wonderful, relaxing and peaceful experience and gives parents and baby a special time to communicate both verbally and non-verbally, so that they feel loved, valued and respected.
Baby massage is a longstanding parenting tradition in many cultures. But only gained popularity in the UK in the late 1990’s.
What We Offer
5 Week Baby Massage and Bonding Course
During coronavirus I am offering both small groups and one to one baby massage sessions over zoom. These sessions are aimed to feel just as personal and welcoming as my traditional sessions and are spread over 5 weeks. Each session is up to 1 hour and 30 minutes in duration. If you decide on a group session you will be in the zoom call with 2 other individuals/couples and their babies and will be given many opportunities to ask questions and socialise with other parents.
All sessions last up to 1.5hours and include:
- Certified Infant Massage Instructor
- The comfort of your own home
- 5 weekly sessions
- Parent handout of strokes and gentle movements (posted)
- Laminated quick reference sheet (posted)
- Weather massage leaflet showing you how massage can be adapted for the growing child (posted)
- Your certificate of achievement (posted)
- Benefits for both parent and baby
One to one – £55 per family
Group session (max 3 people) – £45 per family
Happy Tummies Workshop (For Babies with Colic and Constipation)
Do you wish you could soothe your baby’s tummy pains? Have you tried everything, but nothing seems to work?
As a mummy of two, I know exactly how you feel and would love to help you calm, soothe, and alleviate your baby’s pain and discomfort. Parenting is stressful enough and having a Colicky baby can be extremely unnerving, let me help you both to relax and destress.
My Happy Tummies Workshop will guide you through a non-medical approach in helping your baby to settle and relieve pain and discomfort associated with Colic and Constipation.
During this one-hour Crash Course we will cover:
- Massage for the relief of Colic, Gas and Constipation
- Gentle Movements which are designed to gently stretch your baby’s arms and legs, massage the stomach and pelvis, and align the spine
- Burping Techniques
- Holds to soothe your Colicky baby
One to One or Groups of Five
Loving Hands Infant Massage gives you the opportunity to complete an Infant Massage course in the comfort of your own home!
Forget stressing about leaving the house on time or being late for a session! I can travel to you.
This is a 5-week course which includes:
- 5 sessions (each lasting up to 1.5 hours)
- 50ml bottle of 100% cold pressed organic oil
- Printed handouts each week
- Parent handbook (given on week 4)
- Certificate upon completion
One to one – £125
Group of 5 – £100 per family
Bushey, Watford, Stanmore, Radlett, Edgware, Hendon, Golders Green, Temple Fortune, Borehamwood, Mill Hill, Finchley and Barnet